Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Kesurokai documentary film

My film of the Chisana Kesurokai 2010 event is almost complete. I am going to Germany this weekend to show it to the group of carpenters who took part in the event in Japan last summer before finalising it. It is a little scary showing it to the people I filmed, but I am pleased with the result so feel fairly confident they will be too.

The majority of my previous film work has been 3-5 minute youTube material. Making sense of a huge amount of footage shot over a seven day period and reducing it to a half hour documentary has been an interesting challenge for me. However, video-logging techniques developed during my research helped immensely and this documentation of all the video clips enabled me to search and select appropriate material fairly efficiently.

Once it is finished I shall post it on my vimeo site.

The two buildings and some of the carpenters involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment